@World Water Week: Video about WASH Media Award Winners
August 28, 2012 § 1 Comment
Six journalists were named as winners of the “WASH Media Awards” competition for their excellence in reporting on water, sanitation and hygiene-related (WASH) issues.
The journalists and their winning entries are:
- Alain Tossounon (Benin): “Access to safe water in the town of Ava-Sô, A perilous conquest for survival.” (Accès à l’eau potable dans la commune de Sô-Ava, Une conquête périlleuse pour la survie.)
- Ngala Killian Chimtom (Cameroon): “The Taps Have Run Dry”
- Berta Tilmantaite (Lithuania): “The River Runs Back”
- Francis Odupute (Nigeria): “The Strategists”
- Francesca de Châtel (Belgium): “Water Around the Mediterranean”
- Ketan Trivedi (India): “Alchemy of Earning Money through Wastes and Making a Village Clean, Hygienic and Lovely”
The WASH Media Awards initiative recognizes and supports the crucial role of the media in raising awareness of the importance of water, sanitation, and hygiene services.